HypnoBirthing® Classes – What to expect? (other than a baby)
In preparing you for a confident and relaxed gentle birth, HypnoBirthing® classes will equip you with the following:
5 information-packed classes – with well-paced instruction, designed to build your confidence and help you to have a safer, easier, and more comfortable natural birth.
Classes are kept small enough for personal attention and private instruction is available if desired.
Inspiring HypnoBirthing® films showing labouring mothers, awake, alert and in good humor, will convince you that – with proper preparation – you too can experience this kind of gentle birth.
- The all-you-need-to-know textbook: HypnoBirthing® – The Mongan Method
- CDs facilitating stress reduction, relaxation and a positive mindset (including the program cornerstone track: Rainbow Relaxation)
- 5 relaxation scripts for your home practice
- Guidelines for planning your birth preferences
- Birth prompts and techniques for each stage of labour – a practical 1-page guideline that your birth partner can keep handy
Practical Techniques and Exercises
- Special calm breathing methods for use throughout labour and during birthing
- Several deep relaxation techniques for use during birthing.
- In-class hypnotic practice sessions to build birth confidence and eliminate fears
- Body toning exercises
- Demonstration and practice in optimal birth positions
You will learn
- To prepare mind and body with everything you need to achieve a safer, easier and more comfortable birth
- How your body is naturally designed to conceive, nurture and birth your baby with ease and comfort
- All about labour and its stages to dispel fear and negative pain perceptions
- Techniques of deep relaxation to help you eliminate the Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome and access your body’s own natural relaxant – the only safe labour enhancement
- To prepare your Birth Plan and to create a birthing environment that is calm, serene and joyful, rather than tense and stressful
- Natural ways to bring your body into labour without artificial chemical induction
- How to avoid an episiotomy
- To use gentle birthing techniques and natural birthing instincts to breathe your baby into the world without hard physical pushing